Special Wastes from industry, business, and government
Defined as non-hazardous wastes which are generated from industry, business, and government.
Examples of Potential Hazardous or Special Wastes
- Radioactive waste
- Flammable or explosive waste
- Corrosive wastes
- Infectious wastes
- Pesticides and herbicides
- PCB wastes, light ballasts, dielectric fluids
- Florescent light tubes, mercury containing wastes
- Asbestos containing wastes
- Sludge's and tank sediments
- Waste contained in drums, buckets or cans
- Waste marked with placards, warnings or danger labels
- Wastes with chemical odors
- Solvents, thinners, paints or inks
- Petroleum contaminated wastes
- Treated railroad ties and power poles
- Industrial, process dusts, airborne wastes, powders
- Petroleum contaminated soil
Bulk Liquids (Other than household)
Bulk liquids are prohibited from disposal in the transfer station. These wastes require approval for disposal from the waste water treatment plants. Please contact the Sarpy County Environmental Services at 402/253-2461 for additional information.
Appliances (White Goods)
Waste appliances are accepted at a drop off area at the transfer station for white goods, (major appliances) a separate fee is required. Or consult the telephone book for recyclers who handle appliances for a fee. The recyclers may offer a less expensive fee for disposal.
Waste Oil and Lead Acid Batteries
Waste oil and lead acid batteries are not accepted.
All tires are prohibited from disposal in landfills beginning September 1995. A drop off site is provided at the transfer station for an additional fee. Large loads of tires will not be accepted.
For the purposes of composing, yard waste shall mean grass and leaves in combination with chipped trees and branches and other organic material collected as the result of the care of ornamental plants, lawns, shrubbery, vines and gardens. The County does provide a yard waste staging area for yard waste disposal for all customers. No plastic yard or leaf bags will be accepted at the yard waste staging area. All trash and co-mingled loads must be disposed of at the transfer station building.