Sarpy County

Adoption Issues

The District Court of the Second Judicial District of Nebraska, including Sarpy County, has promulgated the following rule relating to adoptions and their effect on existing child support orders:


RULE 2-7 

Consents to Adoption

(1) Applications for an order consenting to adoption of children subject to jurisdiction of the court must be accompanied by a photocopy or duplicate original of all relinquishments and consents to adoption as required by law. Attorneys should note that in case of abandonment or other situations where one or both of the natural parents are unable to consent, substitute consents are required.

(2) Any delinquent support payments remain a judgment against the party ordered to pay such support, unless a receipt or satisfaction is filed by the party to whom the support is due.

(3) Upon completion of the adoption proceedings, an appropriate motion shall be filed together with a proposed order terminating all future support as of the date of the adoption decree. The motion and proposed order shall be accompanied by a copy of the adoptive decree.

Adopted effective January 29, 2000.

Miscellaneous Forms

Remember when using any of the forms to examine and print all the pages of that particular form.

When returning an affidavit remember to return also the proposed Order completely filled out and ready for the Judge's signature.

All orders are subject to court approval! You must comply with the Rules of the District Court in all Pleadings! The Forms below are designed to conform with these Rules.


Important Notice

There might be a fee to file one of the

following forms. Contact the Clerk of the District Court


Waiver Receipt Form

Affidavit Requesting Child Support Visitation Credit

Child Support Termination Application and Affidavit

Order Terminating Child Support (file w application)

Waiver of Notice of Child Support Termination

Affidavit to suspend support - Parents have re-united

Affidavit to terminate support - Parents have married

Affadavit to suspend support - Child in military service


 Note: We frequently receive requests to suspend or modify child support when one or more minor children "switch parents". We are unable to assist in modifying such orders, as only a judge can modify the placement of a child (and a subsequent change in the child support order), after finding on the record that a change in physical custody is "in the best interests of the minor child." Parents facing such issues are advised to consult with private counsel in order to modify their support orders. This office cannot recommend names of attorneys for parties.

State Bar Association Brochures