Sarpy Strong Wellness Program
Sarpy County is excited to announce that we are in the initial stages of developing a wellness program. A wellness committee has been formed that will guide wellness efforts within the County.
What is an employee wellness program?
An employee wellness program should promote and support the health, safety and well-being of its employees. It may improve staff health, morale and productivity. It should encourage and support staff to make healthy lifestyle choices.
Personal Health Assessment Enrollment
Check back in January 2018 for more information.
Sarpy County Wellness Incentive Program
The County Board recently approved a generous Wellness Incentive Program. The Program is open to all benefit eligible employees and spouses of County employees enrolled in the County’s health insurance.
Employees and Spouses who are eligible to participate must meet the following:
- Employee must be benefit eligible and enrolled on the County’s health insurance.
- Benefit eligible, but not enrolled on the County’s health insurance; the employee will need their physician to complete the 2018 Physician Form for the incentive.
- For spousal incentive, spouse must be enrolled on the County’s health insurance.
The Program has three components:
- Two “Wellness Activities” completed between October 28, 2017-April 30, 2018;
- Health Risk Assessment (HRA)*; and
- Biometric Screening*
* The HRA and Biometric Screening will be offered in the spring of 2018.
Approved Wellness Activities include:
- Crime Stoppers 5K run/walk (held October 28, 2017)
- Logged gym/home workouts. Must total a minimum of two workouts per week over an eight-week period of time for a minimum of 16 workouts in eight weeks; Use this form to track your workouts.
- “Healthy Wage” Challenge (starts January 11, 2018)
- Present documentation to HR of receiving a flu shot for the 2017-18 flu season, dated September 1, 2017 or after
- Attend one Sarpy County sponsored “lunch-and-learn” event - upcoming sessions will be scheduled for January and April 2018
- Watch two online health-based presentations sponsored by Sarpy’ County’s Wellness Vendor
- Participate in two health coaching sessions (i.e. Nurse Advocate Program) with Sarpy County’s Wellness Vendor
- Attend a Tobacco Cessation program
Should all of the requirements be met, the employee gets to choose one of two incentives:
- Gift card: $100 gift card for the employee. In addition, if the employee’s spouse is eligible to participate and completes the HRA and biometric screening, the employee’s spouse will receive a $50 gift card. The gift card is considered “taxable income.” Therefore, the gift card is subject to payroll taxes and withholdings on a future paycheck.
- Vacation leave: 12 hours of vacation leave will be credited to the employee’s vacation leave balance. In addition, if the employee’s spouse is eligible to participate and completes the HRA and biometric screening, the employee will receive an additional 8 hours of vacation leave credited to his or her vacation leave balance. Sarpy County employees who are married to other Sarpy County employees may only receive 12 hours of vacation leave each.
PRIZES! PRIZES! PRIZES!
As an added incentive, employees who participate in the Biometric testing can enter to win awesome raffle prizes to be drawn after April 30, 2018. Employee’s going to their doctor to have this testing done can bring a doctor’s note to HR and be entered into the raffle. To be eligible to win, employees must meet all the requirements of the incentive program. More information about the prizes to come – so watch your e-mail.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Human Resources at 402-593-4465.