May 15, 2020
Before making an appointment
- Visit Sarpy.com to see if the service you’re looking for is available online. You can renew your vehicle registration; find building permit applications, request documents and more.
- Be aware of your health. Stay home if you or anyone in your home has tested positive for COVID-19; been directed by public health authorities to self-quarantine or self-isolate; have a fever of 100.4 degrees F or above, have a new or worsening cough or other symptoms such as shortness of breath or sore throat.
- We strongly encourage you to wear a mask or homemade cloth face covering during your appointment. View the CDC guidance on cloth face coverings.
- Keep social distancing in mind and plan to stay at least six feet away from others.
If you need help making an appointment, call the Sarpy County Helpline at (402) 593-1593
When you arrive at the courthouse for your appointment
- Park in the east parking lot near the east entrance to the Courthouse
- Remain in your car until you are alerted via phone/text that it is time for your appointment. This will help us control the number of people in the building.
- Check in at the welcome table immediately inside the door. County staff will confirm your appointment and direct you to the proper area of the building. You may take a brief health assessment, which could include a short verbal questionnaire and/or body temperature assessment.
- Maintain at least 6 feet between you and others while walking to the correct area of the building. Signs and floor markings will guide you and will visibly mark appropriate social distances.
- After your appointment, please exit the building promptly following the marked signs to the appropriate exit. No other business may be completed after your appointment.
Safety measures in place at the Courthouse
- Glass or plexiglass barriers at all customer-service counters.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations throughout the building.
- Limits on the number of people inside the building. Please be aware there may be delays. Do not come into the building before you are asked to do so.
- Counters, door handles and other touch points cleaned and disinfected throughout the day.
- Signs and floor markings that indicated appropriate social distancing.
- Only those people with an appointment will be allowed inside the building.
- In-person appointments will not be made for registration renewals. Those can be completed online or by using the mail or our secure drop box.
- The appointment process does not apply to the court system, which remains open.