The Sarpy County Assessor's Office has mailed the 2019 Nebraska Homestead Exemption forms to property owners who filed for the Nebraska Homestead Exemption last year as well as those who requested forms be mailed to them for 2019. The completed forms are due June 30.
You can email your completed forms to the Assessor's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nebraska homestead exemption program is a property tax relief program for six categories of homeowners:
1. Persons over age 65.
2. Veterans totally disabled by a nonservice-connected accident or illness.
3. Qualified disabled individuals.
4. Qualified totally disabled veterans and their widow(er)s; unremarried widow(er)s of a servicemember who died on active duty.
5. Veterans whose home was substantially contributed to by the Department of Veterans Affairs and their widow(er)s.
6. Individuals who have a developmental disability.
To learn more about the Nebraska Homestead Exemption or to download the form, click here: https://www.sarpy.com/offices/assessor/homestead-exemption