Federal Benefits

Sarpy County

Provide assistance with documentation, completion, and submission of applications and claims to the Department of Veterans Affairs www.va.gov for:

  • Veterans, it's never too late file a VA service-connected disability claim no matter how many years have past since your military service.  To file your initial VA disability claim, complete the Initial Claim Worksheet.
  • After you have completed the worksheet and gathered required documents and medical evidence that is not in your active duty medical record, call us at 593-2203 to schedule an appointment to submit your claim.



Veterans' Group Life Insurance (VGLI)

To convert Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance (SGLI) to VGLI, veteran must submit SGLV 8714, Application for Veterans' Group Life Insurance to the Office of SGLI with the required premium within one year and 120 days from discharge.  If application is submitted within 120 days of discharge, evidence of good health is not required--after 120-days, evidence of good health must be submitted.

Converting Your Servicemembers' & VGLI Insurance Policy

If you've recently moved, complete the VA Change of Address form and bring it to our office for submission to the VA. 

  • Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC) - Military retiree must have a VA rating of 10% or greater for a condition(s) resulting directly from armed conflict, hazardous duty, under conditions simulating war, or as an instrumentality of war.  CRSC is tax free and is paid at the same compensation rate as VA disability for the percentage granted.

Applications are submitted to the retiree's branch of service using DD Form 2860,  CRSC Application

Let us help you with any of your questions regarding the Veterans Services Office.

Contact Us Today!