The County Board recently approved a generous Wellness Incentive Program. The Program is open to all benefit eligible employees and spouses of County employees enrolled in the County’s health insurance. The Program has three components:
- One “Wellness Activity” completed between October 1, 2016-June 1, 2017;
- Health Risk Assessment (HRA); and
- Health Screening.
The HRA and Health Screening will be offered in February/March 2017.
- Introduction to your Wellness Program: Steps & Screening
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- PowerPoint Presentation: Wellness Screening and Nurse Advocate Program: Steps & Support
Approved Wellness Activities include:
- Sarpy County Walking Club Challenge
- Logged gym/home workouts. Must total a minimum of two workouts per week over an eight-week period of time for a minimum of 16 workouts in eight weeks.
- “Healthy Wage” Challenge
- Walk/run event that is at least a 5K
- Attend one Sarpy County sponsored “lunch-and-learn” event
- Watch two health based presentations sponsored by Sarpy County’s Wellness Vendor (click here UPDATE for link to webinars)
- Participate in two health coaching sessions (i.e. Nurse Advocate Program) with Sarpy County’s Wellness Vendor
- Attend a Tobacco Cessation Program
Should all of the requirements be met and appropriate documentation be provided, the employee gets to choose one of three incentives:
- Gift card: $100 gift card for the employee. In addition, if the employee’s spouse is eligible to participate and completes the HRA and biometric screening, the employee’s spouse will receive a $50 gift card.
- Vacation leave: Eight hours of vacation leave will be credited to the employee’s vacation leave balance. In addition, if the employee’s spouse is eligible to participate and completes the HRA and biometric screening, the employee will receive an additional four hours of vacation leave credited to his or her vacation leave balance.
- Combination: $50 gift card for the employee and four hours of leave credited the employee’s vacation leave balance. In addition, if the employee’s spouse is eligible to participate and completes the HRA and biometric screening, the employee’s spouse will receive a $25 gift card and two hours of vacation leave will be credited to the employee’s vacation leave balance.
The complete details of the Program are available here.
The Incentive form is available here.
The physician form (for employees who are NOT enrolled in the County's health insurance and for employees opting to have biometric testing performed with a personal physician rather than the on-site biometric screening).
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Human Resources at 402-593-4465.